Sunday, July 5, 2009

How Embarrassing . . .

I really wish I'd never written this:

Whatever Palin's shortcomings, stupidity is certainly not among them. She wouldn't have been chosen if McCain didn't believe she could stand up against Joe Biden in a debate.

I have a good feeling she'll surprise everyone . . .

Oh, how wrong I was.

But apparently I'm not the only one who regrets giving Palin the benefit of the doubt, particularly after her embarrassingly awful resignation speech:

I liked Sarah Palin and supported her inclusion on the GOP ticket last fall. I thought she had more toughness than this. It’s a big disappointment, and it’s the end of any hope of Palin getting taken seriously as a politician on the national level in the future.

2 comments:

MediaMaven said...

You weren't COMPLETELY wrong.

She did surprise everyone.

Many times over.

Just not in the good way.

mikhailbakunin said...

Thanks for rubbing it in, jerk. : )